I am available for school visits within the UK. I have a preference for locations near London as I am based there but would consider travelling wider – just ask!
I have been around schools all my working life and am currently a practising teacher in an outstanding school. I have been a Leading Teacher for Literacy (Writing) for Waltham Forest, was an English Coordinator for many years placing books at the heart of any school I’ve worked at, taught from Years 1 to 6 and have even spent time in a role where I covered classes specifically to teach Creative Writing.
I usually offer in-class book readings with Q & A or exciting Writing Workshops or even a mixture of both. Contact me and I am sure I can offer you a day that meets your needs.
What you need to do:
- Email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a date and details.
- Book me for 1/2 day (London only) or 1 day slots.
- Ensure you order enough copies of my book from me for your children in advance. I find it best if you pre-order so that no children are disappointed on the day. I suggest producing a list with class & child’s name.
- It is also wise to get a copy of my book from Amazon to read to your class to generate discussion and enable the children to ask insightful questions.
- Provide any travelling & accommodation expenses.
I look forward to hearing from you!
“The author came to my school and gave us a workshop on how to write and become an author… He’s as entertaining as his book and I hope he writes more… I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND.” Amazon Review